10 REASONS I LOVE WINTER

December 06, 2017

A firm apology for the delay in my Blogmas posts. Inevitably I fell behind as university work again crept in and took over, but fear not, I'm back and ready to bombard you all with festive themed posts. Now, winter isn't everyone's favourite season, but it holds a lot of sentimentality and fond memories for me, and for this post I thought I would share my top ten reasons as to why I love winter.



1. COSY SWEATERS
Considering that most of my wardrobe consists of jumpers, I wear them pretty much all year round, often leading to funny looks from family, friends and strangers when I start rocking turtlenecks towards the middle of August. I love winter because it becomes acceptable for me to crack out my wide selection of light, fluffy, dark, Christmas-themed and cosy array of sweaters without any judgement whatsoever. Even if I don't feel or look cute, I can still throw one on and feel cosy in the morning, safe in the knowledge that I won't end up with the sweat falling off me by the end of the day.

2. CUTE ACCESSORIES
Nothing completes a winter outfit like a cute bobble hat or big snuggly scarf that also doubles as a somewhat poncho, and all manner of winter accessories bring a little bit of joy to the season. I have a huge collection of hats, but my current favourite is the white bobble hat featured above from New Look. Although I have been told that I start to resemble an egg when I tuck all of my hair up into it, but hey ho, attempting to look cute always comes at a cost and I'd rather be egg-like and warm than have a cold head.

3. MY BIRTHDAY
I don't mind the fact that my birthday falls towards the end of the year, because it means that I get swept up in a double-helping of celebratory spirit. I turn 21 on Saturday and I feel slightly apprehensive about becoming an Official Adult, when mentally I still feel 17. However, I'm determined to keep my head up and embrace this birthday as I would with any other, even though I'm not really doing anything to celebrate, which is sadly the downside to becoming an Official Adult.

4. DARK LIPSTICK
Nothing makes me feel more badass than slapping a dark berry shade onto my chops, and I love experimenting with different shades and tones that match the gloomy weather outside. I'm currently obsessed with these two shades from Nyx Cosmetics, and their lipsticks in general. They have a great variety of warm burgundies, rich plums and dark brown shades that compliment any winter outfit, and add another touch of vamp to bold winter looks.



5. COLD CRISP MORNINGS
There is truly no greater winter experience than standing at an open bus stop in the morning, freezing your bits off as the cold coastal air blows around your face, and you begin to see your nose turn bright red in front of your face. In all seriousness, I love the shock and exhilaration of a cold, crisp winter morning, where although the sun is shining, everything is frosty and still. If it snows, even better.

6. ONESIES
Oversized baby grows are definitely my guilty pleasure in life. From ones that are festive themed, to embarrassingly bright ones with slippers and huge hoods, I love all of them. One of my favourite winter experiences is coming out of a nice hot bath n the evening and putting on a soft, clean onesie to make me feel cosy and ready to drift off to sleep. I hope you're all very grateful that I didn't actually provide a picture of what I look like when I'm chilling in my onesie, because trust me, as much as I love it, it isn't a pretty sight.

7. BLANKETS AND ENDLESS CUPS OF TEA
I love cold weather when it is outside of the house, but whe I wake up to a cold house, it gives me the perfect excuse to wrap myself in a blanket, laze on the sofa and drink endless cups of tea, guilt-free. This is an exercise that I do enjoying partaking in during the summer months, but the winter months enable me to indulge in this activity without having to think of a suitable excuse. The cold explains it all.

8. FANTASTIC TV
I don't know about any of you, but I think that the quality of TV shows dramatically increases during the winter months. Nothing sets me up for winter like Strictly, I'm a Celebrity... and seeing adverts for all the fantastic new dramas that will be airing in the New Year. After all, is there really anything better than coming home from work in the dark, chilling on the sofa and becomes engrossed in a new addictive TV show? I think not.

9. A NEW START
Speaking of the New Year, I always feel as though the air is heavy with conclusion towards the beginning of winter. But with that conclusion, brings the opportunities for a new start, and I always like to look back and reminisce on how my life has changed over the last year, and where I would like to be in the new one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, and hopefully the New Year will bring positive changes for all of us. 

10. CHRISTMAS
It wouldn't be winter without everyone's favourite holiday, and I love everything there is to love about Christmas. The music everywhere, the shopping, the festive spirit and how the holiday brings everyone so much closer. It truly is the most wonderful, magical time of the year.



What are your favourite things about winter? Are you more of a summer person? Let me know!

Thank you for reading!

Until next time, 
Rachel x

You Might Also Like

9 comments

  1. Blankets, tea and jumpers are definitely in my top three. I just love getting all cosy. Winter fashion is definitely my favourite, I'm loving jumper dresses at the moment x

    Alice www.accordingtoalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winter fashion is the best, I just cannot get into summer clothes at all! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh I totally agree that it's lush to go from a hot bath straight into a cosy onesie, ready for an evening of Christmas films and hot chocolates! Happy birthday for Saturday, I hope you have a really special celebration! xx

    WhatLydDid com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post! Crisp mornings are the best, I love how refreshing it is. Also kudos to you for doing blogmas alongside uni work!!

    www.theemeralddove.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren! It's been a struggle, but after next Wednesday I'm free (asides from working obviously) so I'm excited to be able to dedicate some time to it x

      Delete
  4. I agree with ALLLLLLLL of these! By far my favourite thing about winter is cosy jumpers. Autumn is the best but I truly feel like in winter, you can get away with wearing jumpers every single day without being too too hot! Great post my lovely, I'm so excited to hear the rest of Blogmas from you! xxx

    Sophie: www.purrpale.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think winter is the best season ever

    ReplyDelete